provides direct economic development grants to marginalized groups in conflict and post-conflict areas in sub-Saharan Africa. READ MORE >>
(Active Grants per 4/18/13 Portfolio Review)
See Country Pages for Grant Details
Report to Congress
FY 2014 Congressional Budget Justification
Subscribe to USADF Press Releases and Updates
The United States African Development Foundation is an independent Federal agency established to support African-designed and African-driven solutions that address grassroots economic and social problems in conflict and post-conflict communities.
USADF provides grants of up to $250,000 directly to marginalized community groups and enterprises in Africa. These grants help organizations create and sustain jobs, improve income levels, and address social development needs.
$13 Million of New Development Grants in 2013
A Year in Review
$57 Million of Development Grants in Africa
(click on Country to explore USADF Grants)
Young men in Guinea learn new job skills thanks to a USADF grant.
USADF's seven key principles help ensure USADF stays true to its mission.
(1) Focus on marginalized communities.
(2) Invest in African ideas through participatory development.
(3) Ensure long term SOCIAL and ECONOMIC results.
(4) Promote African led and managed programs.
(5) Achieve OPenness and transparency.
(6) Develop .
(7) Model high effectiveness and low overhead.